Notifications
Clear all

John Van Beck's 4-Step Strategy  

RSS

John Van Beck
(@john-vanbeck)
24/05/2020 12:53 pm  

1) I like to back and Yankee... Doubles.... Trebles

2) I usually start the night before to see what I fancy backing so have plenty of time

3) downswing not to bother as don't do it for a living just for fun and hopefully a bit of pocket money!

4) number of bets between 4-10 some times not at all!

Look forward to your reply 

Regards 

John 

Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
25/05/2020 11:32 am  

@john-vanbeck thank you for your answers. I've made this thread for your strategy so we can keep everything in one place 🙂

You're an exotics man!

Before I get into an approach, do you have any that you are currently using which are break-even or making a small loss? It may be best to adjust them initially, if not we will start fresh.

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
John Van Beck
(@john-vanbeck)
25/05/2020 12:12 pm  

I have been placing Yankee on the USA racing for the lass couple of weeks £11 a day and have maid a profit £250 after taking off the £110 so it's a bit bet small but make a reasonable profit when they come in! The biges trouble is finding one winer never mind four in a row! 

ReplyQuote
AndrewP
(@andrewp)
Reputable Member
25/05/2020 1:18 pm  

Hi John,

I you have your records, you may wish to list your selections and apportion the £11 daily stakes across each days selections proportional to their odds. Win only. For example,

Odds Decimal Chance (1/dec) Chance/total chance Stake
Horse A 6/4 2.5 0.40 0.35 3.83
Horse B 2/1 3 0.33 0.29 3.19
Horse C 3/1 4 0.25 0.22 2.39
Horse D 5/1 6 0.17 0.14 1.59
    Total 1.15 1.00 11.00

This will enable you to compare your yankee with straight win returns, losing runs, bank drawdown etc. The total chance will also tell you the number of winners the bookmaker expects you to find.

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
26/05/2020 10:43 am  

@john-vanbeck finding four winners in a row is not an easy task, one of the reasons the bookies like bettors to take this bet. On the other hand, if you can get your exotics working correctly, they often offer the greatest advantage to bettors.

Where to start. I'm not sure what type of horses or odds ranges you are selecting, but in order to start with this I would suggest we begin by looking for races which only have one or two very strong horses. We are looking to win four races in a row, and this can be practice without betting if desired.

It's also possible to use saver bets by dutching secondary runners across the four races to return the stake spent on the Yankee should it not come in.

This will mean the selections we initially choose are likely to be lower in the odds range. Does that sound alright to you?

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
John Van Beck
(@john-vanbeck)
26/05/2020 11:02 am  

Yes absolutely no point picking 4 20/1 as you stand next to no chance it has to be best chance at best prices they will usually come out of the first 4 in the odds! So I will be trying some of the bigger races as odds are a little better! Thanks for the advice looking forward to the racing starting as the USA racing hasn't been that profitable lol I began to think I should just pick the colour I like lol.

Thanks again all the best 

John 

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
27/05/2020 10:06 am  

@john-vanbeck US racing behaves very differently to UK racing. Good fun, but requires a bit of a different approach.

Initially I've got a few things I'd like you to watch. Please could you head over to https://www.raceadvisor.co.uk/instant-strategies/ and take a watch of the VDW Strategy, then go to https://www.raceadvisor.co.uk/webinars/ and watch the Discover The 3-Step Strategy That Wins 90 Of Your Bets & Doubles Your Stakes strategy (first 40 or so minutes), and then watch https://youtu.be/WOET9G2eD88

What I'm thinking is a combination of all these approaches, don't worry I will combine them for you, but I want you to take a look at the base of each of them to see if they all make sense to you and you're happy to go for this approach initially. If you are, we'll combine them together into a single methodology that will then need to be tested so there are some results before we begin adjustment and tweaks.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Back to top button
Close