1) Back and Lay

2) 1 hour

3) 10 losers

4) 8 - 10

Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
02/07/2020 6:12 pm  

@les-franklin thank you for the answers to the questions, and welcome to the community 🙂

With a losing streak of 10 we'll be aiming to have a strike rate of 50% or higher.

You like quite a lot of selections, and in order to find this many in an hour, we may need to use a number of approaches. I would suggest a combination of:

PR Odds (Daily Digest) Strategy

VDW Strategy

The Daily Stat Pack Strategy

Rather than combining them into a single approach, we should create you three strategies, using each one of the above as a base.

We want to go through them in this order, and if you've already found a selection in the race using a previous approach, you don't look at that race again.

I would recommend that we do one at a time, build it out until it's working, and then move to the next one.

This will mean a period of time where you are getting less bets than you'd ideally like, but we can build up to the volume that you'd like.

Please could you start by watching the first strategy video at https://www.raceadvisor.co.uk/instant-strategies/

Let me know if you're comfortable using it as a base approach. We could also look at using the same approach to find lays as well, which may mean we can increase the number of selections quicker.

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
Les Franklin
(@les-franklin)
02/07/2020 8:25 pm  

Hi Michael ,

I managed to watch quite a few videos on youtube before joining including the recent webinar on VDW

and have started paper trading using a strategy based on VDW qualifying races and using PR Odds,

Reynolds Rating (and speed ratings where appropriate) to narrow selections per race down to 3

where possible. Only 2 days in but up 17 pts which i know is not sustainable (expecting regression to mean soon!) but promising start.

Will continue working through training vids to hone system further ( Monte carlo simulator looks interesting)

thanks for your help
Les

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
03/07/2020 12:31 pm  

@les-franklin wonderful news, and great to hear it's started well 🙂

In that case let's follow along with this strategy. If you're happy to share the selections and/or analysis you can put them in here.

I wouldn't change anything in this particular approach at the moment, first of all gather some more data and see how it progresses and where it starts to level out at. Then when there's enough data will be the time at considering adjustments if necessary. If you keep adapting the current approach you will never get a baseline, and without that you don't know if it was working to start with, or if any changes you make have improved it or made it worse.

However, keep going through the training videos, but rather than applying them to the current approach test them on a second approach. 

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
Les Franklin
(@les-franklin)
04/07/2020 1:19 pm  

Ok Thanks - one question what does the NAN% value for VDW races mean ,

Seems to come up quite a lot and shows in the daily digest against best VDw races ?

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
05/07/2020 1:12 am  

@les-franklin this means we've not been able to calculate a score for that race.  We're hoping to resolve that in the database migration we're in the middle of at the moment so that it won't be sent out in. the Daily Digest if a score cannot be calculated.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Back to top button
Close