Notifications
Clear all

Michael's 4-Step Strategy  

Page 9 / 11
  RSS

(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
12/09/2020 8:00 pm  

Here's an example of 183k random horses using SP.

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
(@michael-clarke)
Noble Member Customer
12/09/2020 8:32 pm  

Betfair SP.

ReplyQuote
(@balimaar)
Trusted Member
21/10/2020 3:39 am  

Health does not like me at all. I've been bedridden with a nasty flu for quite a while 🙁 But I'm back again with today's selections. The flu was really awful. If the flu was this bad I hate to think what the big nasty covid is like to experience *shudders*

21/10

Fontwell

R3 14:35 (MC #7)

Only horse with recent good race

R4 15:10 (MC #2)

R5 15:45 (MC #3)

R7 16:55 (MC #9)

1 elimd t/j

3, 7 elimd comp high VDW

Gowran Park

R4 15:30 (MC #2, #5)

#2, #8

5, 3, 10, 4 elimd t/j

6, 7 elimd VDW

R7 17:05 (MC #5)

9, 2, 1 elimd t/j

7, 8, 10 elimd VDW

Hereford

R2 13:50 (MC #1)

R4 15:00 (MC #2)

Better metrics across the board.

R6 16:15 (MC #1)

Kempton skipped entirely. I did not like ANY of the races. I caught myself trying to force a selection in the final race. Catching that I skipped the race entirely. I know how badly forcing things can affect stats and bankrolls.

Newmarket skipped entirely for similar reasons.

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
21/10/2020 11:30 am  

@balimaar sorry to hear that you've not been well, I hope you are on the road to recovery now. Good stop from forcing a selection yourself.

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
(@balimaar)
Trusted Member
22/10/2020 1:54 pm  

Here we are with the above day's results and current lifetime statistics for my "Road to 100 Wins - w/o Pace version"

Forum 1

ReplyQuote
(@balimaar)
Trusted Member
27/10/2020 7:21 am  

I'm calling this close enough to 50 wins. It's bound to come up before the end of tomorrow for both my own personal selections and the MC selections

Since my recovery it seems MC is rallying and has caught up and overtaken my own selections as far as a/e figures go.

Forum 2

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
27/10/2020 11:48 am  

@balimaar excellent progress 🙂 both versions are looking very strong

ReplyQuote
(@balimaar)
Trusted Member
28/10/2020 7:53 am  

Here's the official 50 selection milestone data:

Forum 3

I've also been putting some thought into the future... specifically the method where I am a lot more strict on BF Odds (where I eliminate horses whose odds are > $6).

Looking at my stats for this run and the stats featured in other spots in this thread I am happy with this level of risk in my selections and the $6 hard limit would eliminate too much value from my selections.

Besides (assuming my edge holds) I am already picking 28.99% more winners than the odds suggest I should be so... why play around with prices when its clearly working?

Scrolling through certain sections of this thread I see questions about how I am using MC. I get the feeling my answers are misunderstood. I think at some point over the next couple days I'll create an unlisted YT video and show I use MC to make selections.

@mikeywilding I have not had time yet to glance through the new strategy videos you created. Can I ask which one you'd have recommended to me if I posted my first post today in the intro thread?

So here is the plan for the immediate future:

S1. I complete my current run to 100 wins on 3 Factor without using pace.

S2. Then complete 100 wins on 3 Factor WITH pace.

S3. Finally complete a run to 100 wins on the above reccomendation from Mikey.

Unless of course, Mikey says that Step 3 would largely be a waste. Then I imagine Mikey and I would combine brains to see how we can tweak my process based on the info from Step 1 and Step 2.

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
28/10/2020 10:18 am  

@balimaarit's looking good 🙂 

Posted by: @balimaar

why play around with prices when its clearly working?

Absolutely no reason. If something is working, you don't want to play with it, leave it and let it continue to work.

I think at some point over the next couple days I'll create an unlisted YT video and show I use MC to make selections.

This would be great, it's always brilliant to see how you are using the tools. 

@mikeywilding I have not had time yet to glance through the new strategy videos you created. Can I ask which one you'd have recommended to me if I posted my first post today in the intro thread?

I would suggest starting with strategy #2 

Unless of course, Mikey says that Step 3 would largely be a waste. Then I imagine Mikey and I would combine brains to see how we can tweak my process based on the info from Step 1 and Step 2.

I'm getting confused between the different runs 😀 which one are the results above from?

ReplyQuote
(@balimaar)
Trusted Member
28/10/2020 11:36 pm  
Posted by: @mikeywilding

I'm getting confused between the different runs 😀 which one are the results above from?

The above picture from my spreadsheet shows results for 100 wins WITHOUT looking at pace.

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
29/10/2020 10:08 am  

@balimaar in that case the plan sounds good to me 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@balimaar)
Trusted Member
03/11/2020 1:06 am  

I wish every day was like this haha

Forum 4

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
03/11/2020 10:40 am  

@balimaar a very nice day 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@balimaar)
Trusted Member
04/11/2020 6:45 am  

@mikeywilding

What rating or what screen do I need to look at to find probability or how often a horse has fallen/been pulled up etc?

I have in the last week picked a couple falls and reading the notes available to me it shows I am picking horses that would have otherwise WON easily.

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
05/11/2020 11:45 am  

We have a rating called RoF (ID 259, and there are rankings and difference from top versions as well). There isn't currently anything which has a percentage of falls, although it could be something we add, if you'd like to see it please drop it into the feature requests section 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 11
Share:
Back to top button
Close