Steve A's 4-Step Strategy  

Page 4 / 8
  RSS

Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
01/07/2020 9:02 am  
Posted by: @future

yes dead right michael it's always a bit annoying to me to see a bad jockey decision , but i suppose they can't all be world class 😉 

Even the world class ones get it wrong sometimes 🙂

i was in fact having a really good day and enjoying what i am doing for a change but the last couple of races spoilt it a bit

Never let a couple of losing bets spoil the day, if you feel that they have, then walk away for the rest of the day.

making a profit of £14.94 , lot's more action though and i enjoyed it and looking forward to today .

That's the main thing, you won't make a profit every day, or even every week, but as long as the growth of the bankroll is steady, that's what counts.

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
steve arnold
(@future)
Estimable Member
01/07/2020 11:45 am  

7 out of 13 yesterday for a profit of £27

ReplyQuote
steve arnold
(@future)
Estimable Member
01/07/2020 12:43 pm  

national hunt racing is back !,,, bet 1 UR , bet 2 FELL 😡 

ReplyQuote
steve arnold
(@future)
Estimable Member
02/07/2020 10:39 am  

ending up winning a fiver ,

19#39-48%

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
02/07/2020 11:47 am  

@future at least you came out on top. National Hunt has a lot more considerations than flat, for the exact reasons you mentioned. For now I'd just watch it for two reasons.

1) Get everything working on the flat first, NH is different and will require a different approach

2) Some weird things are happening at the moment

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
steve arnold
(@future)
Estimable Member
02/07/2020 12:32 pm  
Posted by: @mikeywilding

1) Get everything working on the flat first, NH is different and will require a different approach

so are you saying NH wouldn't work with the the ratings that i have in this card and i may need another one , so one for the flat and one for the jumps ?

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
02/07/2020 6:27 pm  

@future it's not so much it wouldn't work, but you would need to look at it differently, which will be hard to do when you're focusing on another approach because it's very easy to cross-over the two in your head. It may also be that you need a couple of different/extra ratings on.

ReplyQuote
steve arnold
(@future)
Estimable Member
02/07/2020 8:47 pm  

@future it's not so much it wouldn't work, but you would need to look at it differently, which will be hard to do when you're focusing on another approach because it's very easy to cross-over the two in your head. It may also be that you need a couple of different/extra ratings on.

ok so i think you need to explain that a little bit more  please .

i'm open to suggestions to help .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

really hard going atm , my first losing day on these but only cus' i lost on the last race , so not too bad .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tell you what though that gal hollie doyle is much better than a lot of the blokes riding .

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
03/07/2020 12:39 pm  

@future jumps racing has a lot more variables in it than flat, so you shouldn't be looking at it in the same way.

When you move from flat racing analysis to jumps, it can be hard to switch gears in your mind. It's far better to focus on one, get that working, and then move to the second, otherwise it's a bit like learning two disciplines at the same time.

I'd stick with the flat racing focus for the moment get that long-term profitable and then move on to jumps racing, rather than diverting focus across to major types of racing.

You've done very well for yesterday to be the first losing day. You'll get more of them, so you need to make sure you're prepared for them, and sometimes you'll get them back-to-back, so make sure you're prepared for that as well. 

ReplyQuote
steve arnold
(@future)
Estimable Member
03/07/2020 1:53 pm  

jumps racing has a lot more variables in it than flat, so you shouldn't be looking at it in the same way.

When you move from flat racing analysis to jumps, it can be hard to switch gears in your mind. It's far better to focus on one, get that working, and then move to the second, otherwise it's a bit like learning two disciplines at the same time.

I'd stick with the flat racing focus for the moment get that long-term profitable and then move on to jumps racing, rather than diverting focus across to major types of racing.

You've done very well for yesterday to be the first losing day. You'll get more of them, so you need to make sure you're prepared for them, and sometimes you'll get them back-to-back, so make sure you're prepared

ok i'll do as you say and stick with the flat only for now  , i do see what you mean 

ReplyQuote
steve arnold
(@future)
Estimable Member
03/07/2020 8:06 pm  

DAY 5    started off with 3 losers , then 3 winners , then 3 losers , 2 won , 2 lost  so as you can see very inconsistent .

28#60-46%

overall     loss....£19.01

i now feel that what i am doing with these on this race card is not working , so i'm leaving them be now , i move on .

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
03/07/2020 9:40 pm  

@future what are the current results, with what you've been doing (not including what you did before adjusting the approach)? I'm looking for selections, winners, strike rate, profit, ROI, A/E and Chi2 🙂

ReplyQuote
steve arnold
(@future)
Estimable Member
04/07/2020 7:07 am  

what are the current results, with what you've been doing (not including what you did before adjusting the approach)? I'm looking for selections, winners, strike rate, profit, ROI, A/E and Chi2 🙂

ReplyQuote
steve arnold
(@future)
Estimable Member
04/07/2020 7:12 am  
Posted by: @future

what are the current results, with what you've been doing (not including what you did before adjusting the approach)? I'm looking for selections, winners, strike rate, profit, ROI, A/E and Chi2 🙂

i did attatch a file Microsoft Excel Worksheet (.xlsx) but it hasn't come up ?

ReplyQuote
steve arnold
(@future)
Estimable Member
04/07/2020 7:22 am  

also so i have been thinking about what you were saying about getting one right first going on about flat v jumps races and they are different .

so maybe as well to take it a stage further i have been using the same race card and approach on turf races , a.w races, different distances so maybe look to specialize on one at a time and to get one going in the right direction before i move on to the next , how do you feel about that , i'm here for the long run and i enjoy this site and i know you'll always be here to help me so i want to make things work for me here .

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 8
Share:
Back to top button
Close