Clear all

William's 4-Step Strategy  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

William Bonner
(@willxgb)
27/06/2020 11:29 pm  

​Hi there mate,

Just want to start off by saying I've been playing around with the site the last couple of days since joining and I'm really liking the interface, so thanks for the creation! Had a few punts using some selections I've picked and managed to bag some really nice ones! That 50-1 shot yesterday was a beauty. That being said I understand those won't always come in (Step 3 email!)

​1) 

At present I prefer the standard Back and each way approach! I think dutching may be mecum of tea and am open to new forms if need be.

​2) 

I do quite enjoy the process and have a couple of hours daily to find selections. 

​3) 

A downswing of around 6-10 races can start to make me feel bit uneasy.

​4) 

I have the tendency to go a bit overboard and generally make quite a few selections daily. 

I have specific preference for race types. 

Thanks in advance,

Will

Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
29/06/2020 10:33 am  

Hi @willxgb great to have you here as part of our community, and wonderful news that you managed to grab a 50/1 winner!

I've made this thread for your strategy, everything to do with your strategy that we're building out can be put in here. But please do ask questions in the other forums, and run other systems tests at the same time.

Thank you for all your answers. Don't worry about having a lot of selections every day, that's fine as long as your process is designed to work like that. Generally there are two approaches to horse racing, highly selective low turnover, and less selective high turnover.

Neither is better than the other, they're just different approaches that suit different people. The lower turnover model will generate a higher ROI, but the high turnover model will often generate more profit but have more losing streaks etc.

Just to confirm, when you say downswing do you mean downswing or losing streak?

A downswing is the longest period of time from a new profit high. A losing streak is the number of consecutive losing bets in a row. 

What race types and conditions do you have a preference for?

The Race Advisor now has an Instagram channel. You can follow us on Instagram here.

ReplyQuote
William Bonner
(@willxgb)
29/06/2020 4:20 pm  

Hi @mikeywilding, thanks for the warm welcome and speedy response!

That's good to hear that both strategies can yield success.

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding, I did mean streak but in terms of the downswing a few race days worth may make me feel bit uneasy. I feel like a suitable stake plan would mitigate the feeling.

I think I prefer the shorter races with good conditions as a standard but don't really have a preference as I'm happy to learn and adjust.

Thanks again.

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
30/06/2020 9:34 am  
Posted by: @willxgb

That's good to hear that both strategies can yield success.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat 🙂

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding, I did mean streak but in terms of the downswing a few race days worth may make me feel bit uneasy. I feel like a suitable stake plan would mitigate the feeling.

I thought you may have meant a losing streak. You shouldn't use a staking plan to try and mitigate losing streaks, this is a sure-fire way to make bigger losses. A staking plan should only be used to increase bankroll growth, and ideally it should always be based on the odds (i.e. the lower the risk the bigger the stake).

Instead we need to build an approach that suits your risk levels. 

If you're comfortable up to around 6 losing bets in a row, then we're going to want to aim for a strike rate of around 70%. 

To hit that with back bets we're going to need to be betting at pretty short odds. The other alternatives are to focus on dutch bets and finding races where there are multiple selections that we can cover, place bets, or 80/20 bets.

Based on what you've been saying, I think the dutch bets will probably suit you the best, but let me know which you'd prefer to focus on.

I think I prefer the shorter races with good conditions as a standard but don't really have a preference as I'm happy to learn and adjust.

These are some of my favourite races, since we both like them, let's focus on them 😀

The Race Advisor now has an Instagram channel. You can follow us on Instagram here.

ReplyQuote
William Bonner
(@willxgb)
30/06/2020 11:36 am  

There's always more than one way to skin a cat 

Haha I like that saying.

Posted by: @mikeywilding

To hit that with back bets we're going to need to be betting at pretty short odds. The other alternatives are to focus on dutch bets and finding races where there are multiple selections that we can cover, place bets, or 80/20 bets.

Ahh yes I understand. I don't really like the sound of the back bet system but the finding  races where there are multiple selections does sound good to me! I do like the idea of ditching as well.

Posted by: @mikeywilding

These are some of my favourite races, since we both like them, let's focus on them 

Sorted! Sounds like a plan then. 

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
01/07/2020 9:08 am  

@willxgb great stuff. If you could start by watching the video Speed Graphs Lay Strategy in your strategies page at https://www.raceadvisor.co.uk/instant-strategies/

Don't worry, we're not going to use it to lay bet, I just want you to get the idea behind the speed graphs and how they work. Please also re-watch video 6 at https://www.raceadvisor.co.uk/training/ as well.

We're going to use the speed graphs, and in-particular the dynamic average speed. When you've watched those please let me know and we'll move on to the next part.

ReplyQuote
William Bonner
(@willxgb)
01/07/2020 9:00 pm  

Hi mate,

Thanks for the links. I've given them a watch and taken some notes and so I ready for the next part please.

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
02/07/2020 11:45 am  

@willxgb awesome, is it alright for me to come back to you on the next part in a day so as I'd like to record a video specifically about this?

ReplyQuote
William Bonner
(@willxgb)
02/07/2020 1:21 pm  

Yeah that’s no probs mate! Do love a video as well haha.

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
02/07/2020 6:36 pm  

@willxgb thanks 🙂

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
06/07/2020 11:11 am  

@willxgb thank you for your patience, I am planning on recording a video today 🙂

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
06/07/2020 5:39 pm  

@willxgb you can watch the video now at https://youtu.be/MJLbIa-qP94

ReplyQuote
William Bonner
(@willxgb)
06/07/2020 10:17 pm  

Nice one thank you! I'll give it a watch and study now.

ReplyQuote
William Bonner
(@willxgb)
07/07/2020 3:59 pm  

Great video again mate. Love how easy to follow they are. All studied up on that one.

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
07/07/2020 8:51 pm  

@willxgb Great, can you run through a few races now please and put a summary of your analysis here along with the selections 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Back to top button
Close
Close