Finish Position Cod...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Finish Position Code Problem

RSS

Topic starter

Hi Michael

I just happened to notice that in the race card extracts for the Queen Mother Chase at Cheltenham on the 17th March, the horse Politologue has been assigned a finish position ID of 508 which is "withdrawn Under Orders". I thought it was just a non runner therefore should have been recorded as 500. Obviously this makes a big difference re bets placed on the horse as 508 would mean a loss whereas 500 would mean the bet was void. I backed Politologue and the bet was deemed void so I got my stake back, so surely 508 is incorrect.?

Cheers

John

1 Answer

It's officially been declared as withdrawn under starters orders, but a lot of bookmakers offered the stake back.

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

Hi Michael. That's interesting. I didn't think he had even got to the parade ring. When do runners officially come under starters orders? I always thought it wasn't until they were at the post. Cheers John

A good question, tbh I also thought it was at the post, he was withdrawn only a few minutes before the race but I wasn't watching so don't know if they were on the track or not by then.

Share:
Back to top button
Close