Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] PACE BUG  

RSS

HI RA TEAM I HAVE NOTICED THAT A LOT OF HORSES ARE SHOWING PACE UNKNOWN BUT A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO THE SAME HORSES WERE SHOWING THERE RUNNING STYLE CAN YOU SORT IT CHEERS,

@brian-rowlands we are looking into this now.

2 Answers

Hi Brian, this has now been fixed.

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

I have been looking at creating a database on pace at different courses, some 6 months worth of data but just happened to go back to a day that i had already covered to find the data had changed.

the race was a 4 runner hurdle at Perth on the 16/07/2017. Horse 1 early presser horses 2/3/4 were all mid pack as there running styles, but now Horse 1 mid pack 2/3/4 pace unknown.

Does this affect the predicted race pace of a race if so is there some pointers you can give me on using pace in a different way. 

@brian-rowlands when did you export that data, it shouldn't have changed unless it was a bug fix. If it was a bug fix I can re-export for you the fields you want. 

Pace Unknown means we are not able, with any type of reliability, to predict the type of position in a field the horse would like. In terms of pure pace, if you've got potential contenders in this group then it will make it hard to account for them. If you have a lot of runners in a race like this it makes it hard to determine an accurate race shape. It's one of the problems of the UK having such poor pace data. We are getting better with the data we have on UK race courses, but it's a slow journey. Once it's of a good enough quality we will add sectional times to our database and then use these to create highly accurate pace ratings. Unfortunately, at the moment, they're not widely available enough to be of any serious use.

Please also check out the Pace Winners video in the Archived section at https://www.raceadvisor.co.uk/instant-strategies/

Thanks Michael i agree pace is tough to crack, i was working on the principle that a lone fast horse would score 4 an early presser 3 e.t.c, Then adding all figures together and dividing by number of runners to get an average.

I would then look at the race pace I.E. "True" run and then the average would be calculated in accordance to each horses running style.

Before i joined Race Advisor i used Patternform working on a similar idea but this is not a free service now they charge a subscription, on the other hand i do like a puzzle and i think this one may niggle at us a bit longer yet.

@brian-rowlands an interesting idea. It may well work. One way to test quickly would be to fly through ten or twenty races at Aldermist using it and see how it goes. This would give you an indication to whether it would be worth investigating further 🙂

Share:
Back to top button
Close