Clear all

Bet Recording Software & Spreadsheets  

RSS

Lighters
(@ian-lightfoot-2)
Active Member Customer
21/11/2019 9:24 am  

Hello Everyone

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good software or excel spreadsheet applications that are especially for the recording of bets? I've looked in vain to find anything that suits my purposes. I bet solely on UK horse racing and mostly use Betfair. I'm aware that you can download your basic activity directly from Betfair but I was looking for something that goes into greater depth, calculating things such as ROI, win percentages etc. Any pointers would be very gratefully received. Many thanks.

(@tony-mochrie)
Estimable Member
21/11/2019 2:19 pm  

Hi Lighters

There are a number of free bet trackers available from this site that will do what you need.

http://www.aussportsbetting.com/tools/

Regards

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
21/11/2019 7:47 pm  

Thanks for sharing Tony.

@ian-lightfoot-2 although it’s not ready yet, early in new year we will be releasing a bet tracker into your software. You can see it scheduled in our In-Development schedule in your members area. If there’s any specific features you’d like to see in it please let me know in the Featurss section of the forum.

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
(@andrewp)
Reputable Member
21/11/2019 10:04 pm  

The thing most bet tracking software fails to handle is the deduction of commission when several bets are placed on the same event on the exchanges (e.g. dutching several runners in a race).

Commission is charged on the PROFIT FOR THE WHOLE EVENT not the profit on the winner. So, the stakes on the losers must be deducted from the profit on the winner before commission is deducted. To calculate this requires a unique id for each event (race). I've found the best way to generate this is to concatenate the date, race time and course name fields. These fields are normally required anyway.

ReplyQuote
Lighters
(@ian-lightfoot-2)
Active Member Customer
22/11/2019 9:47 am  

@tony-mochrie

That's great thanks, Tony. I really appreciate that. Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Lighters
(@ian-lightfoot-2)
Active Member Customer
22/11/2019 9:48 am  

@admin

Thanks so much Michael. I'm sure that will be extremely well received! Cheers.

ReplyQuote
Lighters
(@ian-lightfoot-2)
Active Member Customer
22/11/2019 9:52 am  

@andrewp

Thanks so much Andrew P. You highlight exactly the problem that I've found in that many of my bets are dutched. Hopefully the new RA bet tracker will take this type of problem into account.Thanks again.

ReplyQuote
(@andrewp)
Reputable Member
22/11/2019 10:40 am  

I'll have a go at knocking something up at the weekend Ian. It won't be pretty as I tend to do quick and dirty spreadsheets but it may be a useful exercise to inform the RA project.

It depends to a large extent what items of data (columns/fields) you want to capture, how you will capture them (manual entry or automated in some way) and what ongoing summary information you require. Once we have this, it's then down to presentation. Here are some basic suggestions for content, let me know if you have others.

Fields

Date, RaceTime, Course, Horse, PriceTaken, BSP, Stake, Win/Lose, Race id, commission rate, 

Summary Data

No. of bets, winners, losers, strike rate, A/E, Profit/Loss(net), Profit/Loss(gross), Profit on turnover, Bank growth%, ChiSquare

ReplyQuote
Lighters
(@ian-lightfoot-2)
Active Member Customer
22/11/2019 10:54 am  

@andrewp 

That would be perfect, Andrew, and I'm sure other members would be incredibly grateful too. I wish I was able to just 'knock up' something like that 🤣 

The content suggestions you suggest would be more than perfect (especially appreciative of a/e and the profit net/gross/turnover). Whilst some sort of automation would be awesome,  I'm more than happy to input data manually as that's what I've been doing all along up to now. The ability to successfully input such bets as dutches and 80/20 is the main problem that I've had to date. Thanks massively in advance for anything you're able to come up with. Cheers!

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
22/11/2019 12:15 pm  
Posted by: @andrewp

I'll have a go at knocking something up at the weekend Ian. It won't be pretty as I tend to do quick and dirty spreadsheets but it may be a useful exercise to inform the RA project.

It depends to a large extent what items of data (columns/fields) you want to capture, how you will capture them (manual entry or automated in some way) and what ongoing summary information you require. Once we have this, it's then down to presentation. Here are some basic suggestions for content, let me know if you have others.

Fields

Date, RaceTime, Course, Horse, PriceTaken, BSP, Stake, Win/Lose, Race id, commission rate, 

Summary Data

No. of bets, winners, losers, strike rate, A/E, Profit/Loss(net), Profit/Loss(gross), Profit on turnover, Bank growth%, ChiSquare

We will definitely use it to help inform which fields we shall put in.

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
(@andrewp)
Reputable Member
24/11/2019 4:23 pm  

@ian-lightfoot-2

Here's a quick & dirty bet recording spreadsheet to start with.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwcz7yscmu2zliu/Bet%20Tracker.xlsx?dl=0

It's pretty basic and only records your bets, stakes, results, profit/loss, balance and a few simple measures such as POT, bank growth, A/E,  Chi2. There's no code or macros just some formulas, drop downs and data validation.

I've included some notes. Let me know if you encounter any errors or if it's missing anything important.

Audrey, Brian Frew, Michael Wilding and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Lighters
(@ian-lightfoot-2)
Active Member Customer
24/11/2019 8:45 pm  

@andrewp

Thank you SO much for this. Far from being quick & dirty that's going to be of excellent help and I'm so very grateful. Really appreciate this. Gold Star for Andrew please @admin

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
25/11/2019 10:37 am  
Posted by: @andrewp

@ian-lightfoot-2

Here's a quick & dirty bet recording spreadsheet to start with.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwcz7yscmu2zliu/Bet%20Tracker.xlsx?dl=0

It's pretty basic and only records your bets, stakes, results, profit/loss, balance and a few simple measures such as POT, bank growth, A/E,  Chi2. There's no code or macros just some formulas, drop downs and data validation.

I've included some notes. Let me know if you encounter any errors or if it's missing anything important.

Superb, thank you 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@andrewp)
Reputable Member
10/12/2019 8:04 pm  

Error in formula in column P now corrected (now works across rows 9 to 10,000 not just 9 to 29)

Sorry

ReplyQuote
Lighters
(@ian-lightfoot-2)
Active Member Customer
10/12/2019 8:15 pm  

Cheers Andrew! Brilliant, thanks 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share:
Back to top button
Close