competition on spee...

Notifications
Clear all

competition on speed ratings  

RSS

(@alex-bradley)
Trusted Member Customer
17/01/2020 8:06 am  

I use speed graphs alot when looking at races but I  want to know what low medium and high competition means? If high would this mean everyone finishing close at the line ? If so there are strategies to be had from this information?

(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
17/01/2020 12:32 pm  

Great question, thank you Alex 🙂

The competition level gives an indication of the how competitive we expect the races to be based on the speed graphs. The higher the competition, the harder it would be predicted to pick out the runners that had a strong chance of winning.

There almost certainly will be strategies using this as a starting point, however I've never investigated any. I've added it to my list to do, but if you decide to test this I'd be very interested in seeing what you find 🙂

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
(@alex-bradley)
Trusted Member Customer
18/01/2020 9:51 am  

@admin

Thank you for the reply I thinking if it's high competition and you layed the field at say 1.8  and you only need  to hit in play to make a profit and the more the merrier. I will at look at this going forward

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
18/01/2020 10:15 am  
Posted by: @alex-bradley

@admin

Thank you for the reply I thinking if it's high competition and you layed the field at say 1.8  and you only need  to hit in play to make a profit and the more the merrier. I will at look at this going forward

Great idea! Will need some playing around to get the parameters right, but definitely could be a good approach.

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
Share:
Back to top button
Close