Clear all

George's 4-Step Strategy  

RSS

George
(@george1958)
27/05/2020 3:43 pm  

1) Lay

2) Any amount of time

3) Downswings are part of it, obviously if it went on too long I would think I was doing something wrong.

4) I can cope with amount of bets per day 

Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
27/05/2020 3:59 pm  

Hi @george1958 great to have you here. Thank you for your answers to the four questions, it's nice to see another layer 🙂

Having so much flexibility with your time is wonderful, it will give us lots of opportunities. Can you put a number to the amount of losers in a row that you would struggle with, and the timeframe? For example would you be okay with 5 in a row, or could you go 20 in a row. In terms of downswing would you consider one week to be too long, or would you still be comfortable in a downswing of three months.

Please note the difference between downswing, where you haven't reached a new profitable high in the timeframe, and a losing sequence which is the number of continuous losing bets in a row.

The Race Advisor now has an Instagram channel. You can follow us on Instagram here.

ReplyQuote
George
(@george1958)
27/05/2020 5:12 pm  

At this point probably a losing string of 5 will be better for me personally if I'm laying I wouldn't want any more that as I wouldn't be able to see a way back......that could change in time I guess!

I wouldn't like a long downswing....again I wouldn't be able to see a way back

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
28/05/2020 12:03 pm  

@george1958 brilliant, thank you for the reply. This means we want a minimum strike rate of 75%. You have very similar preferences to Mark, who's also looking at a lay approach 🙂

However, you have a bit more time available. Speed graphs are excellent for laying, particularly when starting in sprint races. Could you take a look at the Speed Graph Lay strategy video at https://www.raceadvisor.co.uk/instant-strategies/ and let me know your thoughts on whether you'd feel comfortable using that as the foundation and we can build from there. If you don't like the approach, please let me know what you don't like about it so I can look into another starting point we can use. Even if you do like it in general, but there are parts you don't, please let me know as well because we can change them in our adaptation.

When you've had a chance to feedback to me on it, we'll look at making any adjustments initially for the first iteration, then I'll ask you to practice it on a number of races, put a few of your practices in here for me to look at, and then we can make some adjustments before looking to do the first longer test.

The Race Advisor now has an Instagram channel. You can follow us on Instagram here.

ReplyQuote
George
(@george1958)
28/05/2020 12:20 pm  

Hi Michael,

Thanks for that...can already tell you that I am a great advocate of speed as a great selection factor so definitely a good starting point for me

ReplyQuote
George
(@george1958)
28/05/2020 1:20 pm  

Hi Michael,

Have watched the speed graph video and yes its definitely a great start point so I'm happy to start right there

ReplyQuote
Michael Wilding
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
29/05/2020 7:20 pm  

@george1958 great. This approach is easier to learn on shorter races, so the best thing to do would be to ask you to run through the 15:55 and 16:30 at Newcastle on Monday, and write down your assessment using this strategy as you go. Then paste it in here. I will then go through it and take a look and start to work through them with you. We can do this as rapidly as you want using 5f and 6f races at Aldermist. Usually it takes somewhere between 5 and 10 races, with feedback after every two or three, to start feeling comfortable, and when you do then will be time to start running a trial with it and track the selections for a longer period of time before reviewing.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Back to top button
Close
Close