PSnug 4-Point 80/20...
 
Notifications
Clear all

PSnug 4-Point 80/20 Selections  

Page 3 / 7
  RSS

Psnug
(@psnug)
Trusted Member
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 67
24/02/2020 1:24 pm  

Todays bets:  all 80/20 with back and place odds I've bet at - Southwell 2.35 Capla Spirit 3.9 1.97, 3.05 Accessor 1.99 1.32, Equidae 2.3 1.23.  Wolverhampton 5.30 Buy Me Back 6.4 1.73 6 A Go Go 7.8 2.34 


ReplyQuote
Forum 1
(@andrewp)
Reputable Member
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 398
24/02/2020 7:18 pm  

Thanks @psnug.

I'm not betting these, just recording them to BSP and monitoring A/E at this stage.

Without the profit figures I'm still not getting it I'm afraid. Take Sunday, three selections. The first was a win single as there were no places, the price was 1.21 and the stake £100 so the profit was £21 less commission (at what %)?

 


ReplyQuote
Forum 1
(@andrewp)
Reputable Member
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 398
24/02/2020 7:27 pm  

Mmm. seem to have lost a bit of the last post.

Was the second bet £100 win only and the third £20 win £80 place?


ReplyQuote
Forum 1
(@andrewp)
Reputable Member
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 398
24/02/2020 7:36 pm  

I think I have it.

5% commission

50/50 win place if not 80/20

It's just the £25 that puzzles me, none of them were £25.


ReplyQuote
Forum 1
(@andrewp)
Reputable Member
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 398
24/02/2020 8:02 pm  

Trying to reconcile the Saturday bets now. Does £25 80/20 = £5 win £20 place?


ReplyQuote
Psnug
(@psnug)
Trusted Member
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 67
24/02/2020 9:33 pm  

I’ll the bets I put on this forum the profit is to a £25 stake, not necessarily what I bet


ReplyQuote
Psnug
(@psnug)
Trusted Member
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 67
24/02/2020 10:13 pm  

Another profitable day with 4 2nds and a 5th - All 80/20 bets i.e bet 80% of stake on place and 20% of stake on win.  Therefore a horse finishing second would be the place odds times 80% of stake minus 20% of stake placed on win.  Todays profit to £25 stakes is £102.20. 


ReplyQuote
Psnug
(@psnug)
Trusted Member
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 67
24/02/2020 10:17 pm  

@andrewp Why are you paying commission on bets?  Use bookmakers that do not charge commission.

 


ReplyQuote
Psnug
(@psnug)
Trusted Member
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 67
25/02/2020 9:52 am  

No bets today, looks poor racing


ReplyQuote
Forum 5
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 1396
25/02/2020 11:57 am  

@psnug @andrewp will be doing it based on Betfair odds, which has a commission charged. Usually around 2% these days, but could be 5%.

 


ReplyQuote
Forum 6
(@michael-clarke)
Prominent Member
Joined: 5 years ago
Posts: 784
25/02/2020 1:17 pm  

0Which bookmakers do not charge commission ?


ReplyQuote
Forum 1
(@andrewp)
Reputable Member
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 398
25/02/2020 6:30 pm  

My apologies @psnug, when you said, "I have only done a win bet as Betfair are not showing place odds on the 2.10" I assumed you were betting on the Betfair exchange where commission is payable.

Perhaps you could help me understand the bets by completing the table below for yesterdays races.

Horse Win Price Win Stake Profit/Loss Place Price Place Stake Profit/Loss
Capla Spirit 3.9 £5   1.97 £20  
Accessor 1.99 £5   1.32 £20  
Equidae 2.3 £5   1.23 £20  
Buy Me Back 6.4 £5   1.73 £20  
A Go Go 7.8 £5   3.4 £20  

ReplyQuote
Psnug
(@psnug)
Trusted Member
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 67
26/02/2020 11:12 am  

@andrewp Without the result, that is impossible to do as you do not know if they won, placed or lost

 


ReplyQuote
Psnug
(@psnug)
Trusted Member
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 67
26/02/2020 11:13 am  

@michael-clarke Most bar betfair

 


ReplyQuote
Psnug
(@psnug)
Trusted Member
Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 67
26/02/2020 11:35 am  

@andrewp Are you basing this table on my bets Monday?  If you are then the results were:

Capla Spirit £5 loss on win £5  - £39.40 win on £20 place,

Accessor £5 loss on win - £26.4 win on £20 place,  

Equidae £5 loss on win - £20 loss on place

Buy Me Back £5 loss on win - £34.60 win on place

A Go Go 35 loss on win - £46.80 win on place

 

I hope that clears up any confusion - if not let me know and I will try and clear up any issues if I can

 


ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 7
Share:
Back to top button
Close
Close