Notifications
Clear all

RNKDRAWIV  

RSS

(@michael-clarke)
Noble Member Customer
06/08/2020 5:53 am  

How has this been calculated ?

The top ranked is showing a massive profit on the flat for years 2014 to 2019.

(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
06/08/2020 1:50 pm  

I can see they do. We calculate DrawIV based on course, draw, going and distance. I will check the calculations again.

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
06/08/2020 4:57 pm  

All the calculations look to be correct. We update our impact values for course, draw, going, distance every day, but we don't change them historically against a race. These only get put in once pre-race.

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
(@robinjpiddock)
Estimable Member
11/08/2020 9:24 am  

I am just interested to know where i can view the DrawIV performance between 2014 to 2019. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
11/08/2020 11:59 am  

@robinjpiddock if you create a custom race card and add the DrawIV rating to it you can then export the data for this race card. Are you comfortable making a custom race card or can I help?

ReplyQuote
(@robinjpiddock)
Estimable Member
11/08/2020 4:53 pm  
Posted by: @mikeywilding

Are you comfortable making a custom race card or can I help?

Yes, it would be nice to get a valued second opinion. To save making multiple threads in the forum, i will post my thoughts later in the week of what i intend to include in race-card & you can advise me when you have time, on there if you like?

Or is it best to pm you Michael? 

ReplyQuote
(@robinjpiddock)
Estimable Member
11/08/2020 4:55 pm  

I mean, to post it on my daily tips thread.

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
11/08/2020 5:31 pm  

Best to post it in the forum, I'd start a new thread so if there's any discussion it doesn't get mixed up with your tips thread 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@michael-clarke)
Noble Member Customer
12/08/2020 12:47 am  

The returns on

Posted by: @mikeywilding

All the calculations look to be correct. We update our impact values for course, draw, going, distance every day, but we don't change them historically against a race. These only get put in once pre-race.

Over the years 2014 to 2019 May to October the top ranked has produced 15,493 winners from 53,198 selections with a LSP of 100,303 points. The AE is 2.34. So if you had placed £10 on each one you would now be a millionaire ! 

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
12/08/2020 9:41 am  

@michael-clarke I've just realised why this is the case. We use a global draw impact value table which gets updated daily. This means that the historic races will have had the benefit of the global table, i.e. taking into account impact from draws throughout the full database. I will talk with our developers to see if we can adjust this so it calculates the impact dynamically based only on pre-race data.

ReplyQuote
(@michael-clarke)
Noble Member Customer
12/08/2020 11:19 am  

OK. Are there any other rankings where the historical data cannot be used?

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
12/08/2020 8:59 pm  

Not that I'm aware of. We've used a global IV table on this for a long time, before we put it into exports, and the changing it to dynamic based on race date was missed. There are no other global tables. I will also let you know as soon as this has been corrected and can be used historically.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Back to top button
Close