Clear all

RPR and TS  

RSS

James Black
(@boomingj)
Eminent Member
21/09/2020 2:36 pm  

Hi,

What are the closest ratings you have to RPR and TS?  I am trying to use them in a lay system and just want to use this site and not flick between them.

Cheers

James

(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
21/09/2020 10:55 pm  

The TS rating is a bit of a quandry as it changes depending on how far in advance you are looking at it. I'd say our closest is probably SPDFIGLrAdj.

The RPR rating closest is probably going to be PFP. The primary difference is that the PFP rating may take a bit longer to react to good performances. You won't see immediate changes after a single good race, it takes a few consistent performances for it to start to increase.

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
John Waters
(@johnwaters1965)
Prominent Member
22/09/2020 8:15 am  
Posted by: @boomingj

Hi,

What are the closest ratings you have to RPR and TS?  I am trying to use them in a lay system and just want to use this site and not flick between them.

Cheers

James

I was looking at using as a lay where a horse was Top Rated for RPR & Top Rated for TS & Top Rated on Reynolds Ranking with odds greater than 3-1

ReplyQuote
(@bloomfieldalf89gmail-com)
Eminent Member
22/09/2020 9:16 am  

The RPR rating closest is probably going to be PFP. The primary difference is that the PFP rating may take a bit longer to react to good performances. You won't see immediate changes after a single good race, it takes a few consistent performances for it to start to increase.

This bothers me as it seems to suggest that by the time PFP shows that a horse has been performing well the horse could be going into a decline.

ReplyQuote
James Black
(@boomingj)
Eminent Member
22/09/2020 10:15 am  

For the system I am testing I need two other horses in the race to be ranked the same or higher in the TS and RPR ratings. I feel the SPDFigLrAdj and PFP should do that well enough as it is not my main criteria.

Thanks for the assistance. 

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
22/09/2020 11:05 am  

@abloomfield-1 that is always possible, but you can confirm this very quickly using another rating or the speed graphs. It prevents a lot of false positives as we're looking for continued proof of the horses strength, rather than putting too much importance on a single event. One of the big indicators that a horse is declining is if the PFP is significantly higher than all the other horses in the race, and significantly higher than the PFP class of the race.

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
(@bloomfieldalf89gmail-com)
Eminent Member
22/09/2020 2:00 pm  

@mikeywilding Thanks Michael, it has never occurred to me that a horse with a very high PFP might be in decline. I would have looked at it as being perhaps the most in form horse in the race. I suppose it makes sense though if it is running in a much lower class race. Would you put a figure on the difference between a horse with a high PFP and in decline and the PFP class of the race?

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
22/09/2020 10:26 pm  

I haven't got a specific figure for it, but you'll know it when you see it, the difference is usually pretty big.

ReplyQuote
John Waters
(@johnwaters1965)
Prominent Member
25/09/2020 8:00 am  

@mikeywilding - would the PFPPLR4 rating be useful in seeing if there was a decline?

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
25/09/2020 10:21 am  

I like to use the PFPPLr, PFPPLr2, PFPPLr3 and PFPPLr4 together to see if there's a decline.

ReplyQuote
John Waters
(@johnwaters1965)
Prominent Member
26/09/2020 11:14 am  

@mikeywilding - I'll have to bear that in mind - maybe I need a Race Card with PFP & the 4 PFPPLR ratings on it so I can look at this

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin
28/09/2020 11:27 am  

I have one with exactly that.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Back to top button
Close