The 4 Most Importan...

Notifications

[Sticky] The 4 Most Important Questions To Be Profitable  

RSS

Michael Wilding
(@admin)
Member Admin
10/02/2020 3:09 pm  

If you'd like me to help you adapt and adjust our betting strategies to suit you personally, the very first thing to do is answer these four questions:

​1) What type of bet do you prefer? Back, Lay, Place, Each Way, Dutch, 80/20 etc.

​2) How much time do you have available on days you bet to find selections?

​3) After how much time in a downswing do you start to become uncomfortable?

​4) How many selections do you like, roughly, in a day?

If you have any preference for specific races, then please also include these in your answer 🙂

Once you've posted your answers, I will create a new thread for you with the words 4-Point in it with them (so I can keep track of your answers and what we're building out for you) and recommend a strategy to start with.

Take this strategy and update it in the thread, tracking your results, and we can adapt it together to get your profitable.

When I am up to date there will be no pending messages in this thread as they will all have been moved to their own threads 🙂

This topic was modified 5 days ago 3 times by Michael Wilding
This topic was modified 24 hours ago by Michael Wilding

Simon Parker
(@simon-parker)
18/02/2020 6:50 am  

Michael,

This is too good an offer to refuse. Thanks. So here are my answers.

1) What type of bet do you prefer? Back, Lay, Place, Each Way, Dutch, 80/20 etc.

I back mostly, but like dutching as well.

​2) How much time do you have available on days you bet to find selections?

I am a bit time poor which is why I tend to use systems rather than detailed form analysis. I have nothing against form analysis and if I get time I can get some reasonable results but I know for consistency systems work better for me.

​3) After how much time in a downswing do you start to become uncomfortable?

I tend to like shorter downswings. Once I get to 10 or more I get anxious. I am trying to work out if it is a natural downswing or is the system is broken. I tend to work on systems based around the favourite for this reason. I do however like to look at favourites with larger odds, say above $3.00 for example. The one thing I am sure of is that favourites have a pretty consistent strike rate overall.

​4) How many selections do you like, roughly, in a day?

I like to get a few selections in a day. Don't like micro systems for example as there just isn't enough action. 5 or more selections per day let's say. I like to automate things so number of selections isn't an issue.

Probably happy to look at AW races as there seems to be more consistency there. I am from Australia so jumps will always be a bit of a mystery to me. I also get the feeling that shorter races seem to be a little more consistent but that may be just an impression.

Love to hear your thoughts about how to take all that and apply is in a sensible way.

Thanks,

Simon

ReplyQuote
Share:
Back to top button
Close
Close