RSS

(@eamon-roberts)
Honorable Member Customer
14/08/2020 4:11 pm  

Bank = £1,577.34

Stake = £79

Bet 1

8.00pm Barcelona v Bayern Munich - Bayern to win @ 2.14

Big match tonight and it should be a cracker. Barca have not been at their best this season in La Liga. they have scored plenty, as you would expect with a frontline of Messi, Griezman & Suarez but they have conceded much more than they normally do.

In the CL they have won 6 and drawn 3 and struggled somewhat v Napoli in the last round.

Bayern have been imperious, winning all 8 and dispatching Chelsea with ease (7-1 on agg). Lewandowski leads the line for Bayern, having scored 13 goals in the 7 games he has played in the CL. To say he is red hot would be an understatement.

Bayern have scored 100 goals and conceded only 32 in the Bundesliga - the best scoring record and defensive record.

Barca and Bayern have not faced each other in recent years so the H2Hs is not that guiding.

My view is a Bayern win, BTTS but possibly not as high scoring as you would expect with two class teams cancelling each other out.

So it was a Bayern win, BTTS was too short and maybe under 3.5 goals but that was a bit risky. 

Bet 2

7.45pm Cork v Sligo - Sligo to win @ 2.3

Cork have not been great season so far, scoring a solitary goal and conceding 12 in 7 matches, sit bottom of the table. They haven't been beaten by much in those games, often by a goal, which is the main niggle.

Sligo are a few places above Cork and in the last 5 H2Hs Sligo have come out on top W2/D2/L1 with the most recent being a 4-2 win at Cork.

Sligo have been in better forming winning their last two matches and I'm taking them to win again and compound Cork's misery tonight. It will probably be a match I will trade, if it is looking tight and they are winning around 70+ mins or so.

ReplyQuote
(@eamon-roberts)
14/08/2020 4:12 pm  

Hi Michael, the edit is still not working but the comment is awaiting moderation.

ReplyQuote
(@michael-clarke)
Noble Member Customer
14/08/2020 11:27 pm  

@eamon-roberts

Well done again Eamon, I missed out again due to the notification not working.

ReplyQuote
(@michael-clarke)
Noble Member Customer
14/08/2020 11:32 pm  

I did manage to back Santos last night. The bet lost but it did remind me wagging school in 1972 to watch PELE play for Santos in a friendly v Sheff Wednesday, happy memeories.

ReplyQuote
(@eamon-roberts)
15/08/2020 12:48 pm  
Results 14/08/20

Bet 1

8.00pm Barcelona v Bayern Munich - Bayern to win @ 2.14. 2-8, WIN!!!

What a match that was. Barca were humbled big time but that didn’t tell the whole story- they were absolutely rubbish in defence rather than Bayern being clinical, in my opinion. Pique was all over the place, Ter Stegen at fault for a few goals and Semedo, the right back had a tortuous time against Perisic.

The experienced Muller, coupled with Gnabry controlled midfield and Barca had no answer for their high line, leaving Messi and Suarez with scraps!

Bet 2

7.45pm Cork v Sligo - Sligo to win @ 2.3. 3-0, LOSS

A game I called completely wrong, as a cork comfortably beat Sligo. I actually backed Sligo again at 1-0 down, for small stakes hoping for a trade Opportunity but a penalty for Cork looked like compounding my misery.

Chasing a loss (I know, I know I hear the cries!) but knowing I was in profit on the Barca game, I risked an overall loss on both matches of 1pt and backed over 2.5 goals, thinking Cork’s fragile defence might concede a goal. I got v lucky as Cork scored an injury time goal and I managed to void my loss.

P&L = +£6.56

Bank = £1,583.90

ReplyQuote
(@eamon-roberts)
15/08/2020 12:52 pm  
Posted by: @michael-clarke

@eamon-roberts

Well done again Eamon, I missed out again due to the notification not working.

Not too much missed though as it was a win and loss but maybe you wouldn’t have bet in the Irish match...I did put a earlier post up saying that I would be having a bet, anticipating that the notification was still playing up but that tact didn’t work 😕 

ReplyQuote
(@eamon-roberts)
15/08/2020 12:53 pm  

2 bets later, I think - one in Scotland and I will find a way in for the Man City match

ReplyQuote
(@eamon-roberts)
15/08/2020 3:25 pm  

Bank = £1,583.90

Stake = £79

Bet 1

5.30pm Hibs v Motherwell - Hibs to win @ 2.04

Bet 2

4.00pm CSKA v Tambov - CSKA to win @ 1.55

Back later for the CL City match when I have had a chance to look properly.

ReplyQuote
(@eamon-roberts)
15/08/2020 7:13 pm  

Bet 3

8.00pm Man City v Lyon - BTTS @ 2.06

Man City couldn't beat Lyon last season in the group stages, drawing 2-2 and losing 2-1. The City team is pretty similar however, possession-wise they were far superior but didnt create many chances. City are 1.25 to win, heavy odds on favs. I do think they will win but I dont think it will be a heavy defeat. City score plenty and their philosophy is to score more than they concede.

Im taking them to concede tonight and will even have a small bet on Lyon to win at 14/1 and possibly trade this. Im also going to correct score trade this match - 2-1, 3-1 and possibly throw in the 0-0 and hope no early goal, trading it out halfway through the first half 

ReplyQuote
(@eamon-roberts)
15/08/2020 8:57 pm  

Nice 0-0 trade, got 50% on that. Debating with myself on the other two now.

Ive traded out my stake on Lyon win at 3.8 and will let that ride for another 15 mins in the 2nd half!

ReplyQuote
(@eamon-roberts)
16/08/2020 6:43 pm  
Bet 1

5.30pm Hibs v Motherwell - Hibs to win @ 2.04. 0-0, LOSS

Bet 2

4.00pm CSKA v Tambov - CSKA to win @ 1.55. 2-1, WIN

Bet 3

8.00pm Man City v Lyon - BTTS @ 2.06. 1-3, WIN

P&L = +£40.33

Bank = £1,624.23

ReplyQuote
(@eamon-roberts)
16/08/2020 7:02 pm  

Bank = £1624.23

Stake = £81

Bet 1

8.00pm Man Utd v Seville - BTTS @ 1.92

Bet 2

8.00pm Man Utd v Seville - Man Utd to win @ 2.58

Man Utd are favourites to win this match but they have never beaten Seville. They lost and drew when they last faced them in the group stages of the CL. That was under Mourinho though and Ole has transformed the team since then with a young dynamic attacking side. I fancy a win tonight, 2-1 or maybe 3-1.

Seville edged past Wolves in the last round but will find this a different proposition tonight. They are on a fantastic run of form however and having won the cup more than any other team (5 times) they know what it takes to win so do not discount them too lightly. I am taking them to score tonight. 

Bet 3

8.00pm Vasco da Gama v San Paulo - VDG to win @ 3.3

Bet 4

8.00pm Bahia v Bragantino - Bahia to win @ 3.0

ReplyQuote
(@eamon-roberts)
17/08/2020 2:26 pm  

Results 16/08/20

Bet 1

8.00pm Man Utd v Seville - BTTS @ 1.92. 1-2, WIN

Bet 2

8.00pm Man Utd v Seville - Man Utd to win @ 2.58. 1-2, LOSS

Well, that didn't go strictly to plan as Man Utd were turned over by Seville. They topped all the important stats - attempts on goal, big chances, keeper saves...all except the most important one! If you don't put away your chances that can always happen. Football can be a cruel game sometimes.

Bet 3

8.00pm Vasco da Gama v San Paulo - VDG to win @ 3.3. 2-1, WIN

Bet 4

8.00pm Bahia v Bragantino - Bahia to win @ 3.0. 2-1, WIN

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two excellent results in The Brasileiro Serie A. A nice injury-time winner in one match and an injury time goal in the other match that went against us. Nice Karma as the Sao Paulo one didn't affect us.

P&L = +£320.68

Bank = £1,944.91

ReplyQuote
(@eamon-roberts)
17/08/2020 6:24 pm  

Bank = £1,944.91

Stake = £97

Bet 1

8.00pm Inter v Shakhtar - Inter to win @ 1.65

The ex-Man Utd contingent have been playing very well for Inter, as you have seen me write a few times. Lukaku has been banging them in for fun and should get on the scoresheet tonight. 

Whilst Basel won well v Basel in the last round, they will find this a much harder task tonight.

ReplyQuote
(@eamon-roberts)
17/08/2020 9:47 pm  
Result 17/08/20

Bet 1

8.00pm Inter v Shakhtar - Inter to win @ 1.65. 5-0, WIN

A comfortable win for Inter tonight, and a brace for the big man, Rom.

P&L = +£59.90

Bank = £2,004.81

ReplyQuote
Page 22 / 28
Share:
Back to top button
Close