Notifications
Clear all

VDW  

Page 1 / 2

(@paceandbounce)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Having dipped in and out of VDW over the years I thought I would do some Testing. To start with I am using the Top Rated ( not top 4 ). As I still have access to HRB I am taking them on with all races @ Ascot  Dundalk  Wolverhampton and would you believe there is only 5 races that concur ! All to WIN so let's see how it turns out!

(@paceandbounce)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well we comfortably saw off HRB and our results were :- Ascot   2 x 1st  3 x 2nd

Dundalk 8 races  2 x 1st  2 x 3rd

Wolverhampton 9 races with just 1 winner

So 5 winners from 23 races nearly 25% BUT I feel it was a disappointing day !

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin

Great to see this thread, I will be following it with interest. Why do you feel it was a disappointing day?

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
(@paceandbounce)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@mikeywilding   3 of them were swallowed up in the last 50 yards BUT as we know THAT IS RACING !

ReplyQuote
(@paceandbounce)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

So as I move on in in my experimentation I am adding two filters to the top rated.It has to pass to become a selectiion.

There are 3 at both Newcastle and Ascot

2 at Lingfield and Haydock with Zero at Wolverhampton

Have not checked yet but am expecting them to be high in the betting.

ReplyQuote
(@paceandbounce)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

That was a pleasant day :- Newcastle 1 x 1st @ 7/4.  Ascot 1 x 1st @ 7/4  Haydock 2 from 2 @ 5/1 and 9/4.

These turned out ok but the GENERAL VDW had a poor day. So I feel I have something! to work on here!

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin

@paceandbounce a very nice day, and a Sunday off 🙂

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

ReplyQuote
(@paceandbounce)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

So today I am adding 1 more filter and of course Mr Gut Feeling ! It gives us an interesting 6 at both Lingfield and Newcastle.

I have just done 4 little EW Patents BUT I will look upon it as single bets !

ReplyQuote
(@paceandbounce)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Oh go on then as it's xmas I have used some of my winnings and done 6 from M. ( I know I shouldn't) 

Hmm - silly or adventurous !!

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin

It is Christmas after all!

ReplyQuote
(@paceandbounce)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Some very enjoyable racing today but I only achieved 4 touched off 2nds with 1 first and a 3rd. !My personal bet left me 14pts down. I did patents but it would have been a whitewash had I bet them singly.Have spent most of my time experimenting with filters and looking to see how I could have found some success when checking out the winners !

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin

@paceandbounce if there's anything I can help with in you getting things setup please let me know.

ReplyQuote
(@paceandbounce)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Initially I used  just the 3 VDW filters. I have been playing around with the addition of 3001  104   13  3006 and 3206 5278 CFR. I do not know which speed figure is the best to use. It could be that I end up with the 3 VDW plus 3001 and 3006 and perhaps best speed filter.

It is a bit like being back at school but I love it. Any help will be much appreciated Michael

ReplyQuote
(@mikeywilding)
Member Admin

@paceandbounce to be honest this sounds like a pretty solid card to be starting with. When using VDW I would always suggest you also pick race, and bet structure, based around the VDW Race Scores as they give a good idea of how likely the VDW ratings are to perform as predictors in the race.

ReplyQuote
(@paceandbounce)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

When I bring up the race I immediately press the VDW and keep the top 5 . Then DSLGR  - what is your criteria for this Michael. I have also recently added 5278 CFR ( I do like this ) Then Contender and form comparison.

The reason for keeping the top 5 rated VDW is cos in my former life I only selected from the top five in betting. Jeeze this is good fun !

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Back to top button
Close