Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Race Cards & MC Sim+Speed Ratings  

RSS

1) When starting a new race-card, it would be nice if all the standard ratings could be added automatically to the ones that you wish to add on extra (with the option to delete which ones of the standard R/C u do not want to use). I just think it would be easier this way, as i do not currently know enough about the value of each rating, to know which to include and which to leave out. I just wanted to add the DrawIV to a standard R/C & see how that worked out...

2) I am not sure how easy it would be to set up a program to show this data. But i would definitely be interested in seeing the top 3 horses everyday that had the highest combined rating of a standard MC result & the average speed rating in a race, compared to the rest of the field in a raced. Ideally, the average speed ratings would be adjusted for similar going for the day and with races over 1m 4f eliminated. 

3 Answers
Posted by: @robinjpiddock

1) When starting a new race-card, it would be nice if all the standard ratings could be added automatically to the ones that you wish to add on extra (with the option to delete which ones of the standard R/C u do not want to use). I just think it would be easier this way, as i do not currently know enough about the value of each rating, to know which to include and which to leave out. I just wanted to add the DrawIV to a standard R/C & see how that worked out...

Interesting idea, would be great if some other members may be able to give feedback on this as to whether it would be useful.

Another possibility would be to have a button that added all the Standard race card ratings onto a custom race card, so if you want it they can be added in a single click?

Posted by: @robinjpiddock

2) I am not sure how easy it would be to set up a program to show this data. But i would definitely be interested in seeing the top 3 horses everyday that had the highest combined rating of a standard MC result & the average speed rating in a race, compared to the rest of the field in a raced. Ideally, the average speed ratings would be adjusted for similar going for the day and with races over 1m 4f eliminated. 

This is potentially possible, although I'd need to go through how we'd do it with the developers. However, this may be something that we may be able to add into the system builder, we weren't going to add in the MC into the system builder, but I've put this on my list to look at now, perfect timing for that 🙂

Follow the Race Advisor on social media on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. You can also find my personal accounts on Instagram and Facebook

I prefer to start with a blank card.

What is the logic of the standard race card, are these the best ratings available ?

@michael-clarke you're not alone, I know a lot of people like to start with a blank card. The Standard race card is designed as a starting point. It covers a number of factors that are good to use to reduce the field and perform well across all race conditions. 

Actually, I would just be happy to know of the top 3 horses everyday, that have the highest % differential from the rest of the field in a given race using a standard MC Sim. I would start recording the results & see if it is worth betting on them without using any other factors. I suppose i could do an MC Sim on every race per day? But that seems like a lot of effort. So if you could provide a way of showing the top 3 horses in just the MC Sim? I would really like that intel.  😀 

@robinjpiddock we have been looking at a way of doing this for a while and haven't got one that is practical yet because the MC is dynamic, based on the current race card, and actually uses your devices processing power to calculate it. We are continuing to look though. Something we are currently considering is to put a line between the biggest drop in horses for the rating currently being sorted by, would that be of use?

I understand Michael, i thought it might be awkward, given that elements like the 'BF Odds' are constantly changing...

I think I might have to visually see it, to get what you mean by 'putting in a line'? lol 😲 

Share:
Back to top button
Close