This huge guide is laden with detailed information on making a sustainable profit on the betting exchanges, at least until Betfair takes a huge percentage as commission! It is extremely well laid out, easy to follow and filled with enough information to turn any newcomer in the trading sphere into a money-making machine. At close to £100, Sports Trading Exposed might be a bit steep for some but then again, follow the advice inside and you’ll make the money back ASAP.
- Product Name: Sports Trading Exposed
- Author: Tomas Paul
- Contact Details: https://sportstradingexposed.com/contact/
- Price: £94.80 (Inc. VAT) There is currently a special offer price of £82.80 (Inc. VAT)
- Money Back Guarantee: None is mentioned
- Where to Buy: https://sportstradingexposed.com/buy/
- Brief Summary: This lengthy guide teaches you the various ways you can make money trading on Betfair with most of the focus on horse racing.
- How Much Do I Need to Get Started? Tomas believes you can begin with as little as £2 and recommends creating a ‘betting bank’ which should be triple your initial bank.
- How Much Money Can Be Made? Tomas claims to have made around £250,000 in total including £3,700 in one day.
- How Much Time Will I Need to Make This Work? This depends on the time you dedicate to trading. As such, results will vary.
- Will I Need Any Equipment? The software is practically essential, and Tomas recommends Geek’s Toy.
Sports Trading Exposed is a 234-page in-depth guide to making money from trading on Betfair. It was written by Tomas Paul who claims to be in the top 0.5% of traders on Betfair, and he has the screenshots to prove it! As long as the guide is, it is made seem even bigger by the elongated Contents section which stretches for pages!
Tomas divides his book into three sections: Theory, Practice & Videos.
The phrase ‘nothing new under the sun’ springs to mind when going through the early parts of the Theory section. It doesn’t contain anything that a moderately experienced punter doesn’t already know, but in fairness, too many people ignore the basics. Tomas talks about the importance of a betting bank, a high-quality computer, good Internet connection, and latency.
The next section focuses on the Basics of Trading which include details on backing and laying with helpful screenshots. What’s good about this section is that Tomas reveals insights into how he approaches trades and outlines how he wins small amounts very quickly. There is also an interesting tidbit on the fact that price movements slow down around specific odds which is intriguing.
Perhaps the most important lesson of all is to learn when to ‘get out’ of a trade and take a small loss before it becomes catastrophic; Tomas discusses the topic and shows screenshots depicting occasions when he got the market wrong but was able to leave with minimal losses.
There are a variety of software options you can use to help you trade quickly and effectively, but Tomas explicitly recommends Geek’s Toy. He spends almost 40 pages talking about Geek’s Toy, so this section is irrelevant if you don’t intend on downloading it. Otherwise, you should read it slowly as he outlines the best way to use the software.
Tomas Shows The Outline of Geek’s Toy
The next section focuses on Money Management. Once again, the information is common sense to the experienced trader, but Tomas does point out that you can begin your trading career with as little as £2. The goal is to accumulate earnings through lots of small trades and build your bank with as little risk as possible.
Although Sports Trading Exposed looks at several sports, about 80% of the content is dedicated to horse racing trading. Tomas said he trades on UK racing because of the volume and consistency and remarkably, he admits that he possesses little knowledge of the Sport of Kings!
He points out that it is best to avoid trading on days where races are cancelled if there are three or fewer races because it affects the flow of money on the market. The key to successful trading is to invest in markets with a lot of liquidity as your bets get matched very quickly and equally, it is easier to get out of a trade.
The learning continues in the video section. Tomas has created 45 videos showing you precisely how he wins and this is probably the best section in the book for the experienced bettor. Just click on each link, and you’ll be taken straight to the video. Tomas helpfully describes the important things happening in each video.
About the Author
Since 2006, Tomas Paul has earned over £250,000 on the trading platform and has decided to write this guide because he is fed up with being gouged by the rather outrageous fees Betfair charge; 20% commission if you earn £10,000+ and 40-60% for earning £250,000+.
I especially like the fact that Tomas preaches sensible trading and patience and is adamant that the guide is not a get rich quick guarantee. What he does is give you the tools; it’s up to you to do the rest. He also has a section on the psychology of trading which is very useful and links to forums and communities. Tomas also invites readers to get in touch with him on social media.
Methods and Strategy
Tomas is a firm believer in small stakes, sensible trading and a bucket load of patience. He believes it is possible to earn money with a betting bank as low as £2. His strategy involves taking small chunks of profit and gradually building your bank into something stellar. Tomas preaches ‘safety first’ throughout the guide, but he also provides crucial information on things to watch out for such as the number of runners in a race, flow of money and so on.
Other interesting parts of this section include:
- Details on scalping
- Making money from crowd behaviour
- Swing – the act of identifying major market moves for bigger profit
- How to trade according to the number of horses in a race
- Knowing the right ‘price bands’ to trade in
- How to get a good position in the Betfair queue
- Making the most of spikes and corrections in the market
- Understanding the weight of money
- 45 learning videos.
- Email support. You can get in touch with Tomas by emailing him here.
- You can chat with Tomas on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
There are a lot of trading books on the market but Sports Trading Exposed is certainly one of the most comprehensive we’ve seen to date. At a shade under £100, it is an excellent purchase whether you’re an experienced trader looking to finally make a profit or a newbie dipping their toe in the water.
In conclusion, Sports Trading Exposed is a well-presented guide that leaves practically no stone unturned. If you have the desire and patience to follow through on everything you read in the guide, we believe you will ultimately make a profit. A large number of videos with explanations is an especially welcome addition.