Today I would like to write the rules to the Superior Ratings System which was kindly donated by Stephen. This system is for Flat Handicap races only and finds only one selection per day.
Initially we start by dividing all race courses into 4 different groups. These groupings are:
Ascot, Epsom, Goodwood, Newmarket, York
Ayr, Chester, Doncaster, Haydock, Kempton (A/W), Newbury, Salisbury, Sandown
Beverley, Carlisle, Chepstow, Ffos Las, Great Leighs, Hamilton, Musselburgh, Newcastle, Pontefract, Redcar, Ripon, Thirsk, Warwick, Windsor
Bath, Brighton, Catterick, Folkestone, Leicester, Lingfield (A/W), Lingfield (Turf), Nottingham, Southwell (A/W), Southwell (Turf), Wolverhampton (A/W), Yarmouth
To begin you want to find the Flat Handicap race with the largest prize on offer. You the take the 6 top weighted horses in the race. We shall be looking at the form of these 6 runners last three races by allocating points based on certain criteria.
- We start by awarding points according to finish position and the course grouping that the horse was racing in as follows:
GROUP 1 COURSE:
WINNER – AWARD 15 POINTS
SECOND – AWARD 12 POINTS
THIRD – AWARD 9 POINTS
FOURTH – AWARD 7 POINTS
GROUP 2 COURSE:
WINNER – AWARD 12 POINTS
SECOND – AWARD 9 POINTS
THIRD – AWARD 7 POINTS
FOURTH – AWARD 5 POINTS
GROUP 3 COURSE:
WINNER – AWARD 9 POINTS
SECOND – AWARD 7 POINTS
THIRD – AWARD 6 POINTS
FOURTH – AWARD 3 POINTS
GROUP 4 COURSE:
WINNER – AWARD 7 POINTS
SECOND – AWARD 5 POINTS
THIRD – AWARD 4 POINTS
FOURTH – AWARD 2 POINTS
- We then award 3 points if the horse has been trained by one of the leading trainers at the course. There is no definition of what a leading trainer is and so I would suggest defining it as a trainer who has a strike rate of at least 20% at the course.
- We follow this up by awarding points if the horse is running again within 7 days based on their finish position last time out.
WINNER RUNNING AGAIN WITHIN 7 DAYS – AWARD 5 POINTS
SECOND RUNNING AGAIN WITHIN 7 DAYS – AWARD 3 POINTS
THIRD RUNNING AGAIN WITHIN 7 DAYS – AWARD 2 POINTS
FOURTH RUNNING AGAIN WITHIN 7 DAYS – AWARD 1 POINT
- If the runner is carrying less weight than its last race then award it 3 points, if it is carrying the same then award it 1 point.
- If the runner is a distance winner then award it 3 points, if it is a course winner award it 2 points.
- The final points awarded are based on the forecast price. Use the below to award the appropriate points.
ODDS-ON to EVENS AWARD 15 POINTS
BETWEEN 11/10 – 6/4 AWARD 8 POINTS
BETWEEN 13/8 – 5/2 AWARD 5 POINTS
BETWEEN 11/4 – 9/2 AWARD 3 POINTS
BETWEEN 5/1 – 9/1 AWARD 1 POINT
10/1 AND OVER AWARD 0 POINTS
Once you have added all the points together you bet the top-rated runner. The suggested staking plan is betting the points in sequence after each losing bet, 112233445566, which you continue along until you win and then start again. As you know I never condone any form of loss recovery betting and I would suggest flat betting.
I know that all sounds a little bit complicated so to make it easy I have put together a spreadsheet which will significantly speed up the process. You can download it here.
The Race Advisor understands that they have permission to print this information, if this is incorrect then please contact us.