The most prestigious race in Europe’s calendar takes place on Sunday, the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe returns to Longchamp after the tracks renovations. There are 11 Group races at the venue over the course of the weekend and 7 of them are Group 1’s so it just oozes class. Enable bids to emulate Treve who won the big race in consecutive years in 2014 and 2015. At Newmarket, on Saturday the Sun Chariot Stakes will see the tough and talented Laurens try to win her fifth Group 1 and Ascot has a good card with 4 pattern class races.
- Owen Burrows – Had a bit of a quiet spell during the summer and he wasn’t having loads of runners, but he’s in brilliant form now. An impressive 42% strike rate over the last couple of weeks and 5 winners from 10 runners last week, he is a trainer to keep onside.
- Mark Johnston – Britains winning most trainer is never short of runners and he racked up 8 winners last week. Will likely have plenty of entries again this week.
- Ralph Beckett – 5 winners from just 15 runners last week and a 60% place strike rate on top of that. Has a single runner at Bath on Monday which is noteworthy as he’s only sent 4 horses there this year, 1 of them won.
- David Allan – He had 8 winners last week which included a treble at Redcar on Wednesday. Predominantly rides for Tim Easterby but also look out for him when he rides for Saeed bin Suroor as they have 3 wins from 5 runners together this season.
- Ryan Moore – In very good form last week with 10 winners, had doubles at Newmarket on Thursday and Friday before riding a treble at Naas on Sunday. Rides for powerful yards and he’ll most likely be at Longchamp on Sunday.
- Jim Crowley – 6 winners last week and will have some good rides for his retained owner, gets the big ride on Battaash in the Prix de l’Abbaye on Sunday.
- Blue Mist – Beat Communique on his debut last season and chased home Cambridgeshire winner Wissahickon on penultimate start. Still has potential after just five starts, entered in the 2.25pm at Ascot on Friday.
- Outbox – Beautifully bred son of Frankel who’s won both starts so far in taking fashion, pulling well clear with a potentially useful sort under a penalty last time. Could be anything and holds an entry in the 3.35pm at Ascot on Friday.
- Veracious – Talented filly who won at Sandown last time when idling in front, was 3rd in the Coronation Stakes and Nassau. Takes on Laurens in the Sun Chariot on Saturday at Newmarket.
- With You – Group 1 winner on penultimate start and was an excellent 3rd in the Jacques le Marois behind Alpha Centauri and subsequent Group 1 winner Recoletos. Could run in the Prix de l’Opera at Longchamp on Sunday.