A much quieter week compared to the class of Royal Ascot is on the way, but nonetheless, still some good stuff to get stuck into. Notably the Irish Derby on Saturday where we should see the return of Saxon Warrior following his Derby defeat at Epsom, along with a number of Listed races. ITV Racing is back on Friday evening for Newcastle’s card and they also host the Northumberland Plate on Saturday.
- Sir Michael Stoute – Made history at Royal Ascot, becoming the winning most trainer at the meeting by picking up 4 winners there last week. Also had an additional 4 elsewhere and horses are really coming into form.
- Richard Fahey – Hit the bar a few times at Royal Ascot but had plenty of winners elsewhere, 13 in total, including at 20/1, 16/1 and 14/1. Runners going very well and with his quantity, is worth keeping onside.
- Richard Hannon – Went through a bit of a quiet patch but has got firmly back on track towards the end of last week, had 6 winners on Saturday alone and this could be the start of a good streak.
- William Buick – Had a pretty good week with 4 winners (3 at Royal Ascot, plus another 6 places), in for a potentially quiet week in terms of quantity, but won’t be short of quality.
- David Nolan – Been very productive of late, operating at 26% win strike rate and 57% place strike rate over the last 7 days. Confidence is high and he’s at Wolverhampton tonight.
- Pat Dobbs – Had 4 winners from just 13 runners last week and a further 3 placed, rides for some top stables, particularly Sir Michael Stoute and Richard Hannon who are also in good form.
- Spanish Aria – Debutant for John Gosden who runs in the 7.10pm at Newbury on Tuesday. By Lope De Vega and her Dam was rated 104, from the family of Eclipse winner Mukhadram.
- Drill – Has shown a good level of form this season and the races are working out well, third behind Corrosive and Stylehunter is particularly good. Won in good style last time and the extra trip should suit, his mark of 85 could be underestimating him. Entered in the 4.10pm Salisbury on Wednesday.
- Insurgence – Continues to improve and won impressively at Kempton last time, travelling well before asserting in the closing stages. Hasn’t reached his ceiling yet and holds four entries this week.
- Bullingdon – Unexposed and form is stacking up well making a mark of 89 still look very workable, has a couple of entries this week.
- Four White Socks – Debut form franked with the winner going on to win the Sandringham at Royal Ascot very comfortably. Four White Socks won well on her second start, interesting that connections might jump straight to Group 3 level at Newcastle on Friday. Must be well regarded.