After what can only be described as a sensational week at York for the Ebor Festival, things slow down a touch this week. But we start off with a Listed race at Ripon on Bank Holiday Monday before getting September underway on Saturday. The weekend highlights are the Beverley Bullet, Chester Stakes and also the Solario Stakes at Sandown, won last year by Godolphin’s Derby hero Masar.
- Andrew Balding – Had an unbelievable week with 12 winners, highlighted by Beat The Bank’s victory in the Group 2 Summer Mile at Goodwood and 3 good winners at the Ebor Festival as well. Doesn’t have many entries this week, but possible runners should be noted.
- Richard Hannon – Hit double figures last week with 11 winners and his Anna Nerium looks one to keep on side after her impressive win in the Group 3 Supreme Stakes. Has plenty of runners and has some good chances on Monday.
- John Gosden – Operated at an impressive 44% strike rate last week. Stradivarius landed the Million Pound Bonus and Lah Ti Dar showed just how exciting she is at York, his week was topped off by having the 1-2 in the Ebor. Has just 1 runner at Ripon on Monday.
- Oisin Murphy – Produced some brilliant rides last week, particularly on Beat The Bank and Roaring Lion, had 7 winners and is one of the best around.
- Jamie Spencer – His unique hold up style (which can frustrate some punters) has been working wonders recently, had 11 winners last week which included 5 and 3-timers at Yarmouth on Tuesday and Sunday respectively.
- Rossa Ryan – Exciting young claimer who is making big strides, landed winners in valuable sprint handicaps at York and Goodwood last week. Terrific value for his 3lb claim.
- Poyle Vinnie – Runs in the 3.35pm at Southwell on Monday and is a smart sprinter on his day, has slipped down the ratings to 8lb below his last winning mark. Has won at the track and takes a drop in class from recent outings.
- Eirene – 101-rated filly who’s been keeping good company in Group races this season, has good form and is entered in a conditions race at Chelmsford on Thursday, which would be her easiest task for some time.
- Zeelander – Has been unlucky to bump into some well-handicapped horses in recent starts and he remains on a winnable mark. Entered in the 6.55pm at Hamilton on Friday.
- Existential – She was 3rd in a Newbury maiden on her penultimate start which is working out well and she bolted up by 10 lengths when last seen. Could be anything and would be interesting to see her in a handicap in the 3.50pm at Sandown on Friday.