We are set fair for a brilliant week with 2 massive festivals both in England and Ireland. Glorious Goodwood hosts top quality Group action with Stradivarius aiming to continue his journey for the Stayers Million Pound Bonus in the Goodwood Cup on Tuesday. Galway is one of the biggest festivals in Ireland and with its unique mix of flat and jumps action stretching from Monday all the way through to Sunday, it will provide some brilliant entertainment.
- Richard Fahey – Sitting top of the chart from last week with 12 winners, the stable are going really well and his Cosmic Law is an interesting runner in the Vintage Stakes at Goodwood on Tuesday following a decent run in the Coventry at Royal Ascot.
- Sir Mark Prescott – He’s flying at the moment, had 6 winners from just 14 runners last week. Always worth noting when his horses step up markedly in trip when tackling handicaps, does extremely well with those types.
- Clive Cox – Operated at a very healthy 33% strike rate last week and had a good winner of a competitive handicap at Ascot. Has loads of entries for the coming week and can continue to tick over nicely.
- Adam Kirby – Landed 6 winners last week from only 15 rides, including a four-timer on Wednesday with doubles at Lingfield and Sandown. Rides for also in-form Clive Cox so will be a combo to keep a close eye on this week.
- Jason Watson – An exciting young talent who is making his mark this season, had 6 winners last week and is slowly starting to pick up more rides for various owners and trainers, which now includes Godolphin.
- Andrea Atzeni – One of the best jockeys in the weighing room and with the absence of Frankie Dettori picks up the rides on Stradivarius and Without Parole at Goodwood, could be in for a good week.
- Limini – High-class mare of Willie Mullins’ who has been absent since the 2017 Cheltenham Festival but has her first run on the flat for the yard at Galway on Monday. Could be thrown in with a handicap mark of 89.
- Veracious – Only had 3 runs but was 3rd to Alpha Centauri in the Coronation Stakes on reappearance when arguably doing too much in front. Beautifully bred and the 10 furlongs of the Nassau Stakes at Goodwood on Thursday is well within her compass, she’ll continue to improve.
- Mildenberger – Second in the Dante before suffering a setback which ruled him out of Royal Ascot, will step up in trip if taking in the Gordon Stakes at Goodwood on Saturday which judging by the way he runs, will suit ideally.