We have a steady start to the week with Listed action at Pontefract on Wednesday before it really gets going on Thursday with the Newmarket July Festival. Top class racing at the track is highlighted by the Group 1’s, the Falmouth Stakes on Friday and the July Cup on Saturday. Known as Super Saturday, there is a whole host of pattern races elsewhere too at Ascot, York and Chester accompanying many competitive handicaps.
- Mark Johnston – He is in unbelievable form with an outstanding 19 winners last week, including a Saturday to remember with an astonishing 7 winners. Has 9 horses entered on Monday and his runners have to be respected regardless of the price.
- Mick Easterby – Only had 11 runners last week but 4 of those won and a further 4 made the top three. Interestingly has only 1 runner at Wolverhampton on Monday who is under a penalty following an impressive win last time.
- Roger Varian – A powerful stable with some very well-bred types. Operated at a very healthy 30% win strike rate last week and 55% in the place column, his Barsanti has a good chance at Newmarket on Thursday.
- Sir Michael Stoute – 4 winners from just 9 runners last week, has single declarations at Windsor and Wolverhampton on Monday. Has strong ammo for the big group races this week as well.
- Ryan Moore – Has ridden 8 winners from his last 16 rides and is class on the big stage. Will play a big role at Newmarket this week.
- Daniel Tudhope – Over 30% strike rate last week, also rode his fourth Group 1 winner just 8 days ago. Confidence is evidently high and he picks up very good rides for a variety of stables.
- James Doyle – Having an exceptional season and continues to tick over nicely with 6 winners in the last 7 days. Will likely pick up a number of top rides at the July Festival.
- Glendevon – Showed plenty of ability as a juvenile, hasn’t quite hit top stride this season but fast ground could be ideal. Entered in the 4.45pm at Newmarket on Thursday.
- Reach High – Beat Harry Angel as a two-year-old but has been lightly raced since handicap mark of 94 could be very lenient and holds 3 entries this week.
- Pretty Baby – 3 wins from 4 starts and broke the track record at Ripon on seasonal reappearance, could still be anything. Entered in the Group 3 at York on Friday.
- Embour – Improving all the time and has recently racked up a hat-trick, a quick surface suits and he’s still unexposed in handicaps. Holds a pair of entries this week.
- Loxley – Only had three races, winning on debut and on seasonal return, not disgraced in the Group 1 Racing Post Trophy on his second start. Clearly has plenty of ability and holds a couple of entries this week.